Aussie Soapers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for soap making addicts in Australia and New Zealand.

2 posters

New and need help!

teen_purple
    teen_purple

New and need help! Empty New and need help!

Post by teen_purple Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to soaping! Infact I haven't even made any yet! I was googling ideas for homemade Christmas presents a couple of days ago and found soap. Thinking it was an awesome idea, I have since read lots on the net and started watching youtube videos. I live in Darwin and its hard to get anything here so I have bought stuff off ebay and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

I thought I would start with Melt & Pour soap to see if I'm any good at it and if I like it I would get into making my own base.
    I love the idea of natural products and the more I research soap making, the more I realise that there's still a lot of bad chemicals used when you get into the decorative process. I'm sure there's a way around this and I will keep looking!

I have lots to learn and would love to talk to anyone!

Cheers!

Tina
    bigmuddy11
    bigmuddy11

New and need help! Empty Re: New and need help!

Post by bigmuddy11 Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 am

Hi I also am new to soaping and have one bit of advice... ask ask ask. Any question ask for advice . Always follow measurements to the letter when starting cold process or hot process and ( pml ) when a recipe says for advanced soapers well they mean it lol as I found out today deciding to try a beer soap recipe I fiddled a teeny bit to what I had on hand... now processing in oven at the moment (called cold process oven process or cpop ) I have had a complete blast and have no idea if it will even turn out as soap or as something pulled up from berrimah boat ramp afterna king tode
    bigmuddy11
    bigmuddy11

Post by bigmuddy11 Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:14 am

After a king tide... sorry using a mobile to post. But I had a ball And cant wait to start a new batch of cpop. With more patience and a much easier recipe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm