A meeting place for soap making addicts in Australia and New Zealand.

dumb noob question re: zap

Ally
    Admin

dumb noob question re: zap

Post by Ally on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:52 am

see... i did warn you all that i'm not a soap expert, just a forum junkie! lol

surprise surprise my honey oat milk batch from yesterday failed the zap test this morning. I know there's a reasonable chance the batch is stuffed, but how long do I give it for the zap to fade before I give up and chuck it?

Ally - soapin it up, one day at a time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Missnatty

Re: dumb noob question re: zap

Post by Missnatty on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:12 am

Last edited by Missnatty on Tue May 29, 2012 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 am

lol.. I'm an active member on 5 forums and a lurker on a few more Embarassed . I'm sure the recipe for the batch was fine, but I had a bit of undissolved lye when I added the lye mix into the oils so that's most likely the culprit. I'll give it a few more days before I chuck it, but I don't have high hopes. although it is looking a little darker since i cut it, so not sure what that means!

Ally - soapin it up, one day at a time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    soapgirl

Post by soapgirl on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 am

Yep, don't throw it away just yet maybe give it a few more days, up to a week. Fingers crossed for you Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 am