A meeting place for soap making addicts in Australia and New Zealand.

FO Search

Ally
    Admin

FO Search

Post by Ally on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 am

I've had a couple of requests... one friend wants a soap that smells like Turkish Delight, and another wants Green Tea. The green tea I think I can cover, but the only turkish delight FO i've found discolours according to the reviews. Should I just go with it, chuck in some TD and hope for the best? Or can anyone suggest an alternative?

Ally - soapin it up, one day at a time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Missnatty

Re: FO Search

Post by Missnatty on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:26 am

Last edited by Missnatty on Tue May 29, 2012 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:32 am

I may be biting off waaaaay more than I can chew, but I have this awesome plan for the turkish delight, with the chocolate and raspberry colours.. i just have to work out how to get the right fragrance. the FO i found apparently discolours brown, which is fine for the chocolate but not so good for the red.

and yeah, the plan for the green tea soap is a nice natural greenish colour (probably throw a little avocado oil in, that gave a lovely natural green colour when i used it last), and to use some tea for some of the liquid.

Ally - soapin it up, one day at a time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    topcat

Post by topcat on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 am

I may be way off base here Ally, but what about an ITP swirl 2/3 scented with Turkish Delight fo and 1/3 scented with a light rose scent? TD has a rose note to it. That way you can colour the rose scented part pinky red and the TD scented part will discolour brown....just thinking out loud here. Or you could layer it - first layer TD scented (brown) second layer rose scented (red) top layer TD again? Smile
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:23 am

how's this for a (slightly ambitious) plan..... I'm going to fragrance the whole thing with turkish delight fragrance, then split it. the first third i will allow to discolour, might even chuck in something to make sure it's chocolate brown. This part will get poured into a milk carton which I will shake to coat the inside of the carton with the brown part. the other 2/3rds i'll put vanilla stabiliser in, doesn't matter if it's not 100%, as long as it stops the worst of it.. then i'll colour it pink/red, and pour it down the middle of the milk carton.

how badly do you reckon i can stuff this up? Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 27, 2017 10:20 pm