A meeting place for soap making addicts in Australia and New Zealand.

blue swirls

Ally
    Admin

blue swirls

Post by Ally on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:00 am

this is yesterday's effort... The FO (sweetcakes ocean spice) accelerated trace a bit, so by the time I had the blue mixed in then tried to dollop it back in the pot it was getting a bit thick. Rushed it into the milk carton and most of the blue poured first followed by the white. So blue heavy at one end and a little lacking at the other. oh well. the bars in the middle are pretty as! lol
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ally - soapin it up, one day at a time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Missnatty

Re: blue swirls

Post by Missnatty on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:25 pm

Last edited by Missnatty on Tue May 29, 2012 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:26 am

I've decided the milk carton gives the perfect bar of soap, it fits nicely in the palm of my hand. The sides of the carton do bulge out a bit, which kind of rounds the sides rather than having a proper square, but that's ok.

Even DH likes the colour of this one, which is lucky cause I chose the scent with him in mind!

Ally - soapin it up, one day at a time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    nicole85

Post by nicole85 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:59 am

it looks good Ally
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:15 am

thanks Nicole!

topcat

Post by topcat on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Lovely! I love milk carton shaped soaps too....just suck at cutting them straight...lol Smile
    Bubbles Galore

Post by Bubbles Galore on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:22 pm

That is such a gorgeous blue. Very Happy
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:29 pm

lol Tanya... I think I fluked it on this one!

Thanks Jenny.. blue is a favourite colour around here so I'm glad I got that one right.

ogilberry

Post by ogilberry on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 pm

aww i love it how refreshing does it look....yummo...can i ask how you get your whites so white..im on a mission...not so keen on the mucky whites that i got lol....
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 am

I think the white in that might come up a bit better in the photos than what it appears IRL. I haven't done anything to it to make it whiter, just used light coloured oils - coconut, palm, light olive oil (not extra virgin), maybe rice bran? I can't remember exactly what that one had in it.

ogilberry

Post by ogilberry on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:16 pm

lol... i had trouble finding palm oil so i gave up and put something else in....
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:39 pm

yeah, Palm is one of those things that I think you can pretty much only buy online from soap supply places.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:34 pm