Aussie Soapers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for soap making addicts in Australia and New Zealand.

Hello new soaper here

Tracey B
    Tracey B

Hello new soaper here Empty Hello new soaper here

Post by Tracey B Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:01 am

My name is Tracey. I went to a M&P soap making class 10 days ago and enjoyed it so much.........but decided I wanted to make a more natural soap so bought the ingredients I wanted. Some I already have in my home anyway like olive oil and coconut oil and lavender oil, but I wanted some silicone moulds and caustic soda (sodium hydroxide).

My first batch is based on olive oil, rice bran oil and coconut oil and "lye". I added some lavender oil at the right time, poured it into a platic container (wont be doing that again......silicone moulds are so much easier to get the soap out of) then sprinkled heaps of dried lavender on top. Then made myself another batch with the same formula but added some blended rolled oats and a sprinkling of cinnamon......at the right time......(I can never remember that word it starts with "t" lol). The next day I popped the oatmeal soap out of the silicone moulds with the greatest of ease, but had to cut the lavender soap out with difficulty. I had just made and poured my 3rd batch and realised that the next day I would struggle to get this batch out of the plastic container........but I did get it out lol. Oh the 3rd batch I added a bit of tumeric for colour Very Happy

I now have 3 lovely batches of soap drying out and hopefully ready to be used in about 3 weeks time. I am so inspired at how easy CP is that I now want to make my own washing powder and dishwashing powder and maybe even a shampoo soap.

It is nice knowing exactly what is going into the products we use daily..........and I am hoping that I might have some pretty little homemade gifts to give to friends for special occassions. So I plan on reading up on this forum for more ideas and recipes.

Tracey

p.s how do I post pics? Most forums I have been on have "browse" buttons somewhere on the "reply post" ..... do I have to put my pics on something like photobucket to get them posted here?

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 am