Aussie Soapers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for soap making addicts in Australia and New Zealand.

4 posters

whatcha soaping this weekend?

Ally
    Ally
    Admin

whatcha soaping this weekend? Empty whatcha soaping this weekend?

Post by Ally Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:27 am

I'm planning my green tea soap for this weekend. Just playing with the recipe - I got given two IKEA silicone ice cube trays that I want to use. One is a star shape and the other is a cross shape. So I think I'll need to go for a harder bar than what I normally make, unless I want to wait forever to unmould them!
    topcat
    topcat

whatcha soaping this weekend? Empty Re: whatcha soaping this weekend?

Post by topcat Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:51 am

Sounds good Ally. You can easily freeze your soap in those trays to pop them out easily without squishing or waiting for ages for them to firm up. I usually leave the soap for 24 hours and then pop into the freezer overnight. Take them out the next morning and leave on the bench for a little while so that the outside of each soap begins to defrost slightly - this only takes a couple of minutes - then they unmould nicely. Leave them alone until they have finished defrosting Smile
    Ally
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:15 am

thanks for the tip!
    Missnatty
    Missnatty

Post by Missnatty Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:01 am

Last edited by Missnatty on Tue May 29, 2012 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ally
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:26 am

I have to find my kitchen under the mess first Rolling Eyes . My DH seems to think that he no longer has any responsibilities around the house, and towards the end of the week when I'm working and usually trying to get orders done for my business something's gotta give - of course it's the housework!
    Ally
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:05 am

woohoo! kitchen clean, soap made. one of these days i'm going to have an "i made soap today" story that goes exactly according to plan, but today's not that day! lol

i nearly forgot to add the FO (champagne and green tea), so by the time I'd done that the brew had reached a very thick trace, and had to be pursuaded to go into the moulds. I used one of the silicone ice cube trays, and a bunch of mini chinese takeaway containers that DH found for me at the supermarket (250ml? they fit perfectly in the palm of your hand).
    Bubbles Galore
    Bubbles Galore

Post by Bubbles Galore Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:44 pm

I've just made a soap with Magnolia fragrance. Damn fast mover for future reference, so no water discount. That would be the SC Magnolia (World's Best). Smells lovely although I'm not sure that it smells like a real Magnolia.

Also made a batch with Christmas Spice. Wasn't game to do anything fancy because I read it was capable of soap on a stick but it wasn't too bad in the end.
    Missnatty
    Missnatty

Post by Missnatty Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Last edited by Missnatty on Tue May 29, 2012 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ally
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:46 am

Sounds great Bubbles! I'd love to smell that christmas spice, it sounds like something i'd love.

Mmm.. gingerbread... there's another lovely sounding soap!

maybe i'm just food obsessed??!!

I've un-moulded my little green tea and champagne scented stars.. the larger soaps from this batch aren't ready to unmould yet, still a bit squishy. [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
    Ally
    Ally
    Admin

Post by Ally Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:32 am

oh, i forgot to mention... i put the little stars in the fridge to avoid gel, and insulated the larger bars and got full gel. i think i might be a no-gel convert!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:49 pm