Aussie Soapers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for soap making addicts in Australia and New Zealand.

3 posters

Using coconut milk, do you have to freeze like GM?

heavenlybotanicals
    heavenlybotanicals

Using coconut milk, do you have to freeze like GM? Empty Using coconut milk, do you have to freeze like GM?

Post by heavenlybotanicals Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:44 am

I want to branch out, I have an unrefined coconut oil I want to use in conjunction with coconut milk, hopefully the lye won't kill the smell. Can I substitute all the water for coconut milk? Does it have to be frozen?

Thanks guys.
    Bubbles Galore
    Bubbles Galore

Using coconut milk, do you have to freeze like GM? Empty Re: Using coconut milk, do you have to freeze like GM?

Post by Bubbles Galore Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:14 am

I hate to tell you this, but the scent of the coconut from Virgin Coconut Oil doesn't make it through. Crying or Very sad

I soap with Coconut Cream (not milk) and I mix the lye with just enough water and then add the warmed coconut cream at light trace. Coconut cream will speed up trace so be ready.

The reason I do it this way is because when you mix lye with coconut milk or cream, it goes really, really thick and is difficult to work with.
    Missnatty
    Missnatty

Using coconut milk, do you have to freeze like GM? Empty Re: Using coconut milk, do you have to freeze like GM?

Post by Missnatty Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:37 am

Last edited by Missnatty on Tue May 29, 2012 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bubbles Galore
    Bubbles Galore

Post by Bubbles Galore Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Noob question..... does virgin co have a coconut smell????

Yes it does. It's lovely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:06 pm